Friday, 5 May 2017

Altered Tin Can with Thank You Tag by GDT Anila Dikay

Hello Crafters!


Today at the Rainbow Craftykari blog, I am here to inspire you for the new challenge for the month of May. 

The theme for this challenge is "The Blooms Magic". Checkout the details here.


As an inspiration post, I have two projects here today where I have used the flowers made by me. 

(Please do bear with me as this is a very picture heavy post. But as I wanted to cover each and every side/angle of the project I could not skip adding any of these pictures...Not to mention some close-ups of my blooms.... ;-))




Let's begin with the first one!!!


Project 1 - Altered Tin Can


You can make blooms by taking a square paper and fold it into half and again into half. Now in this folded conical portion cut a heart shape. When the paper unfolds a flower is formed. Make three more such flowers with little varying sizes. Now to assemble the flowers together. Pinch and fold each and every petal of all the four flowers into half. This forms creased effect. Don't be very perfect, The imperfections give it a more natural look. After pinching all the flowers arrange them one over the other in descending form. Lastly add pearls / beads in the center to form the core.

 


I covered the can with a corrugated sheet I received as a packing material. Stuck a white laced burlap ribbon at the bottom and a crochet lace at the top of the can. I made 3 bright colored blooms for this project and covered the center of the blooms with tiny white pearls. Arranged and stuck the blooms on the can and added few leaf die-cuts. Lastly tied a twine around the can and attached a ready tag with a wooden clothespin.

Few more pictures






 My second project is a "Thank you Tag"



I began with stenciling the card with texture paste and covered it all with white gesso. Next, I used color splash and heat set it. I made 3 blooms again for this project (same blooms). This time I covered the center of the blooms with black beads. Added leaf die-cuts and a butterfly. Adhered a heat-embossed sentiment with foam adhesive. Tied two ribbons at the top. Lastly, to cover up the empty spaces I doodled the texture with a black gel pen.

 Few more pictures





I had great fun making these blooms. I hope you too enjoyed my post.


Hoping to see you participate in the challenge and also looking forward to what flowers you all make.


Thank you for dropping by. Do leave your valuable comments below.

Love,

Anila

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and love the tag Anila :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Anila...Lovely blooms..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete