Friday 22 September 2017

Quad Easel Card by DT Priyanka

Hello Everyone


Today I am at the Blog again with an inspiration post this time.

This time I really wanted to try my hands at something new & different and something which I had never created before, thus I picked "QUAD-EASEL CARD" for my inspiration. I remember, when I saw this style of card for the very first time sometime back I got all itchy to try it but just couldn't work on it & with this inspiration post I knew I had to had to try my hands at this quad easel style.




This style gives you a lot of flexibility to experiment with themes, combinations etc. I chose to go ahead with the love theme...!

For the base, I began with taking a black cardstock in size 11"*11"{ref: Picture(a)} & than cut out 4 strips in size 5"*10" and then folded them into half (scored at 5")  {ref: Picture (b)} I further scored one side of the folded cards diagonally {ref: Picture(c)}. Then I cut out 4 squares in the size 5"*5" {ref: Picture(d)}. I then took patterned papers from Papericious & cut them accordingly to attach to the base of my easel card. For the base I cut the patterned paper into 10.5"*10.5" & the remaining 4 patterned papers in 4.8"*4.8".

I adhered the patterned papers onto the black cardstocks' of the respective sizes & then adhered the 4 cards onto the base {ref: Picture(e)} Our base is now ready to be embellished.


Picture (a) 


picture (b)


Picture (c) 

picture (d)

I embellished it flap by flap in a way that each flap coorinates with the other. (tip: it is important to think through how you are going to embellish the flaps because devaiting from the theme can kill the entire look of the card, thus it is very important that all flaps should compliment each other & be in sync)


I embellished my flaps using Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Square die, resins, die cuts, flowers, heat embossed sentiment from Fiskars stamp set, pearls, rhinestones. I didn't want to go overboard with my embellishments thus I kept them simple & light.


Using a double sided foam tape I adhered the small sentiments on the inside of the cards to make an easel panel (with support of these our cards will stand to make an easel structure)

Our Quad Easel Card is ready!


Check out some close up pictures:



Top view with the closed flaps 







Aerial view of the quad easel cards

 

Some Close Ups:

 






Sentiment using heat embossing technique


Embellished with resin frame & flowers


Heat Embossed Sentiment using Fiskars stamp


Couple die cut using silhouette cameo





Material used:
- Black Cardstock
- Papericious: Its peach time patterened paper
- fiskars stamp
- resin frame, resin flowers
- mulberry flowers
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Square Die
- Die cuts (boy& girl) on silhouette
- Rhinestones
- Black Distress inks
- We r Memory keepers cut & score board
- Ranger embossing powder (copper)
- versamark embossing ink
- Heat tool


Almost all these materials are available in the store with us at Rainbow Craftykari


Hope you liked my project & enjoyed it!Dont forget to leave your feedback & suggestions & also tag us whenever you try it out. Would love to see your take on this.

Hugs


Priyanka Thukral

2 comments:

  1. Wow Priyanka! Love this Quad style Easel card with such clean finishing! Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete