Tuesday 1 August 2017

Friendship ATC's by Blog Co-ordinator Aditi Mahajan

Hello Everyone,

Aditi here, Hope you're all having a good day! Today we've started our new term and with that our Rainbow Friendship challenge


I'm here with some inspiration for the challenge- Friendship and Rainbow Colours. I have made a set of three ATC Cards. ATC Cards are usually sized 3" x 4" (like a visiting card) and are swapped among the artist/crafting community. At times there are themes decided, based on which the cards are created. 

Here's a look at the cards:



For these cards, I first created a background using distress oxides on textured cardstock. I then used a bubbles stamp with black archival ink. Next, I stamped the girls and coloured with pencils. I then stamped the quotes, cut them out and distressed the edges. I then dug out elements from my stash- hand made flowers die cut flourish, doily, vellum butterfly and some gauge. I arranged them on each of the cards and stuck them down. I then randomly added some black sequins. I completed them by distressing the edges and mounting them on black cardstock. 
 

Here's a look at them closely:








Supplies:

  • Santoro Girls - #13 Fairy Lights, #4 Forget Me Not, #7 The White Rabbit
  • Textured Cardstock White
  • Black Cardstock
  • Archival Ink- Jet Black
  • Colour Pencils- Staedler
  • Distress Oxides- Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, Broken China
  • Distress Inks- Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn
  • Lattice Work Stencil- Tim Holtz
  • Kaisercraft- True Friendship Stamp
  • Finnabair- Bubbles Stamp
  • Gauge
  • Cherry Lynn Flourish Die
  • Handmade Flowers, Leaves, Stamped and embossed butterfly and leaves on Vellum
  • Black Craft Sequins
  • Doily

All Materials are available at the Rainbow Craftykari Store and those that aren't can be pre-order by sending an e-mail at rainbowcraftykari@gmail.com

Hope you're inspired and looking forward to your participation this month! Watch out for fun tutorials, and inspiration in the coming month by our DT Members.

Aditi Mahajan
Blog Co-ordinator

4 comments: